Here is a simple stove that you can make with materials you may already have at home:
- Find a large, empty cans, such as a coffee or tomato can. Make sure it is clean and dry.
- Punch a hole in the center of the bottom of the can using a hammer and nail. This will be the air intake.
- Punch several holes around the sides of the can, about one inch from the top. These will be the vents.
- Find some small sticks and twigs to use as kindling. Place the sticks and twigs inside the can.
- Place the can on a non-flammable surface, such as a rock or a brick. Light the kindling with a match or lighter.
- Once the fire is going, add larger sticks and branches to keep it going. You can use this stove to heat up a small space or to cook food.
Remember, always use caution when working with fire, and make sure to extinguish the stove when you are finished using it.